| Kaylee and Daddy wear the hats Kaylee made |
Troy and I wanted to have a massage to take advantage of the Spa’s services. We had a coupon for buy one get one 50% off. The services were supposed to be done at the same time, but we got permission to use the coupon at separate times because of Kaylee. The problem was trying to get our appointments scheduled. Every time we went by the spa there was a sign out that says “not available” and the door was closed. It instructed us to contact the front desk, but they really couldn’t help with setting appointments and basically took messages. Finally got to schedule our appointments. I will have a stone massage and mini facial and Troy will have the traveler’s massage tomorrow.
We got a tube from the indoor pool and headed to the roof for a swim. I tried to order a drink from the bar, but they don’t understand me. Finally they say “no people” and “nighttime.” It is frustrating at times the language barrier we have and also the fact that things are not open or manned as they should be at this hotel (bar, coffee bar, room service, restaurant). We are captive here with no car and no other restaurants. Town is 50 minutes away.
We decided to try the jacuzzi. There are three of them. The thermometer says 27.2 Celsius, but the sign says they should be 35-40 celsius. They are freezing! I try to tell the attendant it is freezing and get it turned up, but no go. He tries to convince me it is ok. As I promised Kaylee, we sit in it anyway for a few minutes. Troy will not join us.
Afterward we try the sauna. We all head in to the nice room enjoy an apple and some water infused with vegetables. We head into the sauna and then hear a knock on the door and something in Chinese. We discover we are in the men’s sauna. We decide not to wait on the woman’s sauna, as someone is already in there.
| What a beautiful view from our room! |
Troy and Kaylee headed to the kids’ room and I left for my spa appointment. Kaylee made a masquerade mask.
I filled out a brief questionnaire and then was lead to the massage room. I didn’t understand the prep instructions - disrobe, jacuzzi, etc. She had to get someone else to try to explain to me and I still wasn’t sure. So I hopped into the jacuzzi and after 20 minutes got my robe on and pressed a button on the wall for her to enter. I had an excellent hot stone massage (fell asleep a few times) and mini facial.
We hit the dinner buffet. It was ok. Desserts were pretty bland. The meat entree was ok. Kaylee passed out before getting her plate. We headed to the roof for the aboriginal performance and they did a line dance. We had a good night and Kaylee slept until 5 am!
No comments:
Post a Comment