Saturday, August 6, 2011

Last Minute Prep

Thursday night we stayed up to take care of final details for our trip. This included packing. Although I had most everything in the staging area (guest bed room), I still had plenty to do. Troy was very patient and got it all in there. I feel pretty good that we are going to a foreign country for 7 nights and only have 2 carryon suitcases and one full size suitcase.

We still have room in the suitcase to bring back some items. In particular, I would like a few outfits for Kaylee for the next few years. I also always get her an age appropriate book when we travel. Last time it was a baby touch and feel book in Mandarin. We'll see what we find this time. And of course, I will have to get a Christmas ornament!

Bailey knows we're traveling and laid on my duffel bag with his flea toy.  We will miss him, but are glad Leslie and family will be taking good care of him.

We ended up staying up until after midnight. Our flight leaves at 10 am from Gainesville, so as long as we leave the house by 8, we're in good shape. My only worry is getting up for crossfit at 5:30 am, but I want to get in one hard workout before eating my way through Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment